Sarah Hage has two passions: art and gardening. Her preferred media are paint, papier-mâché, and dirt. Weather permitting, you’ll find Sarah outside, either landscaping or converting everything (newspapers, packing material, plastic bottles, plant stakes) into functional and dysfunctional art. Her two passions collide in a satiric, full-scale installation piece called Monsanto Gardens.
“My patio is my studio, the LA Weekly my clay, the Southern California sun my kiln. Life doesn’t get any better than this.”
Currently, Sarah is working on a series of paintings called Absurd LA, which explores her delight in the juxtaposition of kitschy landmarks in LA and the San Fernando Valley with product mascots from the 60’s and 70’s and the unlikely wildlife she has seen and heard around the city.
- Beginning Acrylic Painting assistant to Professor Carol Bishop at LA Valley College
- Instructor at Barnsdall Art Sundays at Barnsdall Art Park
- Personal tutor in painting and sculpture
- Painting instructor, Paint & Pinot at SugarMynt Gallery in Pasadena
Check out the video of Sarah and friends joining in the fun.
- The Folk Tree – Pasadena, CA
- Santa Clarita City Hall, Santa Clarita, CA
- The Unitarian Universalist Community Center – Santa Monica, CA (solo show)
- The San Fernando Valley Museum of Art
- The Cactus Gallery – Eagle Rock, CA
- The Fremont Gallery – Pasedena. CA
- ChimMaya – East LA, CA
- UnUrban – Santa Monica, CA
- Booklovers Gourmet – Webster, MA
- Simply Coffee & Boutique – Burbank, CA
- The Firehouse – Los Angeles, CA
- ZuZu Restaurant – Cambridge, MA
- Group Show – Los Angeles, CA
- The Bean Counter – Worcester, MA
- Out of the Blue Gallery – Cambridge, MA